Easy Home Canning with Onions 52: Pickled Onions Recipe
May 20, 2020
An Onions 52 favorite! Here is an easy and tasty recipe for fresh pickled refrigerator onions. This recipe is perfect for beginner canners, looking to start their home canning journey without investing in any expensive equipment. All you need are the ingredients below, and an appetite to enjoy sweet and tangy pickled onions! Pickled onions are the ideal topping for salads, hamburgers, eggs, sandwiches, and so much more. These pickled onions will last 2-3 weeks stored in the refrigerator.
Download the 3" x 2" printable mason jar label here.
- 2-3 jumbo size, Onions 52 Red Onions
- 1/2 cup, Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup, Warm Water
- 1 tbsp., Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp., Salt
- Step 1 Combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt into medium bowl.
- Step 2 Whisk together until fully dissolved.
- Step 3 Pour vinegar mixture over onions into airtight jar and close jar tightly. Let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Enjoy! Pickled onions will last 2-3 weeks stored in the refrigerator.